GLUTEN FREE APRICOT AND ALMOND CAKE
BY SHRUTIKA BHALLA
A mixture of proteins found in wheat and related grains. Gluten Free Apricot and Almond Cake is best desert liked by most of the people.
Cake is always a compliment to a hot mug of coffee.
• 18-20 Dried apricots
• Milk- 1 ¼ cup ( you can use almond milk also )I am adding kesar pista soya milk
• Sugar- 2-3 tsp
• Gluten free Flour -1cup ( or add ½ atta, ½ maida ,all atta recipe make it dense)
• Oil – ½ cup
• Baking soda- 1 tsp
• Baking powder- ½ tsp
• Almonds- 1 tbsp
• Cardamom powder- 1/8 tsp
1. Soak the apricots ( save 2-3 to be chopped & added to the batter) in warm milk (3-4 hours).
2. Blend them to a smooth paste along with the milk in which it is soaked in.
3. Add oil , sugar and essence . mix well.
4. Add cardamom powder.
5. Sieve together flour and baking powder and soda. Add the flour one spoon at a time and don’t overmix.
6. Preheat the oven at 180*c. Bake for 35- 40 minutes.
7. Serve hot.